The Science Center is open year-round except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Monday - Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday - Sunday
10:00am – 6:00pm
Science Center Admission Prices:
|Adult||(Ages 3-12) Kids||(Ages 60+) Seniors|
Planetarium rates are in addition to general admission
Conservation Course Mini Golf**
Mini Golf rates are in addition to general admission.
$5 member adult
$4 member child
**Members receive a complimentary allotment of golf passes with valid membership. For more information, click here.
Discounts cannot be combined or used in addition to other offers.
Dual Discovery Pass See twice as much for one low price! Click the title to the left for more information.
Bank of America "Museums on Us"
Museums on Us is a monthly promotion offering Bank of America customers free access to select museums on the first full weekend of every month (Saturday and Sunday). Guest must present Bank of America card and photo ID. Please note: Museums On Us program is not valid with any other discount or offer including Dual Discovery Program or during special events.
Ride the Brightline Train and show us your ticket to receive $2 discount off general Science Center admission! Must be redeemed within 7 days from the date on the ticket. One discount per Brightline ticket.
"A" For Science Program
Students in grades K-12 who receive an "A" grade in science on their most recent report card will receive free general admission with the purchase of a paid regular adult ticket. Free admission does not include special events. Report card must be presented at the ticket counter at time of purchase. Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. One free child admission per paid adult admission. The offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
Field Research Ranger Program
The Palm Beach County School District and the Resource in Science Education (RISE) Network have developed a Field Research Ranger Program to encourage students to visit 16 natural and cultural organizations within Palm Beach County including the South Florida Science Center. Students will be able to participate in a fun activity with free admission to the Science Center if they download a passport booklet at this link: https://www.palmbeachschools.org/ec/science/. Must be accompanied by full price adult admission.
Blue Star Museum
The Science Center participates in the Blue Star Museum program, which offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day, May 27, 2019 through Labor Day, September 2, 2019 (with proper ID). Veterans and active duty military receive a 20% discount on admission year-round. Click here for more information.
Veterans and active duty military receive a 20% discount on admission year-round.
Do you love Facebook as much as we do?
Receive $2 off general admission when you "check in" on Facebook at the Science Center. Guest must show "check in" on his/her phone to admissions staff. Restrictions: General admission only. May not be redeemed for cash or combined with any other offers, discounts or previous purchases. Excludes special events. Offer good up to four people.
Group discounts are available for parties of 15 or more. Please call (561) 832-2026 or email email@example.com to learn more!
On-site Food Options
Guests are able to purchase food from our on-site WT Café between the hours of 11am – 2pm Mon-Fri, 11am-4pm on Saturday, and 12pm-4pm on Sunday. We also have vending machines with drinks, snacks and ice cream sold on our outdoor patio, open during regular business hours.
Location & Directions
The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is located at -
4801 Dreher Trail North,
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Phone: (561) 832-1988
Fax: (561) 370-7725
From The Florida Turnpike
Take the Southern Blvd. exit east, past I-95 to the Dreher Park entrance on the right. Turn in Dreher Park and follow Dreher Trail to the South Florida Science Science Center and Aquarium.
From I-95 Heading South
Exit at Southern Boulevard and head east to the Dreher Park entrance on the right. Turn in Dreher Park and follow Dreher Trail to the South Florida Science Science Center and Aquarium.
From I-95 Heading North
Exit at Southern Boulevard and head east to the Dreher Park entrance on the right. Turn in Dreher Park and follow Dreher Trail to the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium.
Tips for Visitors with Developmental Disabilities/Autism Spectrum Disorders or Sensory Concerns
Quieter Times to Visit
- We host Sensory Saturdays on the 1st Saturday of each month from 8-10am. Click here for more information.
- Saturday and Sunday mornings from 10:00 – 11:00am and weekday afternoons after 2:00 pm (during school year) are often less busy, quieter times to visit.
- September is usually a less busy, quieter time of year to visit.
- Visitation will vary depending on holidays, school vacations, weather, and other factors. Please contact us for assistance at (561) 832-1988.
- Accessible restrooms located throughout the building. They are all sensory-friendly and DO NOT have hand dryers or auto-flush mechanisms.
- Accessible Family Restrooms located in the hall behind our Quantum Hall of Exploration.
WHERE: On the West end of our building
- Good place to begin introducing a child to the Museum.
- Geared for children up to age 6.
- Discovery Center is a smaller area that is physically separate from the Exhibit Halls, so it is less overwhelming.
- Light, noise and crowds vary widely throughout the building.
- The Planetarium and Theater are attractions that provide a large amount of sensory stimulation.
- Consider bringing noise reducing headphones.
- If a member of your group has sensory concerns and you would like more information, please contact us at 561-832-1988 during regular business hours.
Quieter Places and Exhibits
- There are quieter places and exhibits throughout the Museum.
- These can vary depending on the time of day, time of year, and show schedules.
- Allows unlimited visits for a year. Click here for more benefits.
- Good option for families where members have limited stamina. Stay for 15 minutes or 5 hours — whatever works that day — without worrying about waste!
To find West Palm Beach hotels nearby, visit HotelsCombined.
For our Delray Beach Hotel partner, click here.