You are here
The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer and educational facility providing equal experiences without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age or disability. We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to equity and justice for all and diversity is a key component to the success of STEM fields.
For assistance in planning your visit or questions about accessibility or diversity at the Center, please call our main line during normal business hours (561) 832-1988 or email our Director of Visitor Services Kzambrana@sfsciencecenter.org.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, SFSCA is equipped to accommodate visitors with physical disabilities. All exhibits and spaces are wheelchair accessible, except for our Observatory which has several options to accommodate guests. We also have wheelchair-accessible restrooms and wheelchairs available free of charge.
Tips for Visitors with Developmental Disabilities/Autism Spectrum Disorders or Sensory Concerns
Quieter Times to Visit
- We host Sensory Saturdays on the 1st Saturday of each month from 9-10am. Click here for more information.
- Saturday and Sunday mornings from 10:00 – 11:00am and weekday afternoons after 2:00 pm (during school year) are often less busy, quieter times to visit.
- September is usually a less busy, quieter time of year to visit.
- Visitation will vary depending on holidays, school vacations, weather, and other factors. Please contact us for assistance at (561) 832-1988.
- Accessible restrooms located throughout the building. They are all sensory-friendly and DO NOT have hand dryers or auto-flush mechanisms.
- Accessible Family Restrooms located in the hall behind our Quantum Hall of Exploration.
WHERE: On the West end of our building
- Good place to begin introducing a child to the Science Center.
- Geared for children up to age 6.
- Discovery Center is a smaller area that is physically separate from the Exhibit Halls, so it is less overwhelming.
- Light, noise and crowds vary widely throughout the building.
- The Planetarium and Theater are attractions that provide a large amount of sensory stimulation.
- Consider bringing noise-reducing headphones.
- If a member of your group has sensory concerns and you would like more information, please contact us at 561-832-1988 during regular business hours.
Quieter Places and Exhibits
- There are quieter places and exhibits throughout the Science Center.
- These can vary depending on the time of day, time of year, and show schedules.
- Allows unlimited visits for a year. Click here for more benefits.
- Good option for families where members have limited stamina. Stay for 15 minutes or 5 hours — whatever works that day — without worrying about waste!
“Service animals” are defined as an animal that is trained to perform tasks for an individual with a disability.
- The tasks may include but are not limited to: guiding, alerting, pulling, assisting, retrieving, or performing other special tasks for someone with a disability.
- A service animal is not a pet.
Service animals are welcome throughout the Science Center so long as:
- They are leashed at all times
- They have proper identification of being classified as a Service Animal (i.e. vest)
- They refrain from barking
- Any messes/accidents are cleaned up by the owner
*Animals without an identifying vest MUST be kept in either a carrier, bag, or stroller at all times. Non-service animals are NOT allowed to be leashed or openly carried in the owner's arms and will not be permitted to enter the building.
Racial Equity Committee
The South Florida Science Center has a designated Racial Equity Core Committee comprised of staff members of all levels and backgrounds. This committee meets monthly with a focus on keeping our policies and procedures updated and identifying annual diversity and equity trainings for all staff members. For more information, please contact our Chief Operating Officer, Carla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The South Florida Science Center strongly believes that every individual, regardless of financial means, should be able to visit the Center. Please see below for the discount programs we offer.
Discounts cannot be combined or used in addition to other offers.
Blue Star Museum
The Science Center participates in the Blue Star Museum program, which offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Armed Forces Day, May 15, 2021 through Labor Day, September 6, 2021 (with proper ID). Veterans and active-duty military receive a 20% discount on admission year-round. Click here for more information.
Veterans and active-duty military receive a 20% discount on admission year-round.
See twice as much for one low price! Good for one full day of general admission at the South Florida Science Center & Aquarium, and then use the same pass at the Palm Beach Zoo, that day or even weeks later, for another day of general admission at the second location. Click here for more information.
Bank of America "Museums on Us"
Museums on Us is a monthly promotion offering Bank of America cardholders one free general admission to select museums on the first full weekend of every month (Saturday and Sunday). Guest must present their Bank of America card and photo ID. Free general admission is limited to the cardholder at the participating institution. Please note: Museums On Us program is not valid with any other discount or offer including Dual Discovery Program or during special events.
Ride the Brightline Train and show us your ticket to receive $2 discount off general Science Center admission! Must be redeemed within 7 days from the date on the ticket. One discount per Brightline ticket.
"A" For Science Program
Students in grades K-12 who receive an "A" grade (or highest grade within the given metric) in science on their most recent report card will receive free general admission with the purchase of a paid regular adult ticket. Free admission does not include special events. Report card must be presented at the ticket counter at time of purchase. Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. One free child admission per paid adult admission. The offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
Field Research Ranger Program
The Palm Beach County School District and the Resource in Science Education (RISE) Network have developed a Field Research Ranger Program to encourage students to visit 16 natural and cultural organizations within Palm Beach County including the South Florida Science Center. Students will be able to participate in a fun activity with free admission to the Science Center if they download a passport booklet here. Must be accompanied by full price adult admission.
Do you love Facebook as much as we do?
Receive $2 off general admission when you "check-in" on Facebook at the Science Center. Guest must show "check-in" on his/her phone to admissions staff. Restrictions: General admission only. May not be redeemed for cash or combined with any other offers, discounts or previous purchases. Excludes special events. Offer good up to four people.
Group discounts are available for parties of 15 or more. Please call (561) 832-2026 or email email@example.com to learn more!