Saturday, April 18th, 2020
Engineer It! is an annual engineering design competition jointly presented to students in grades 1st - 12th by the Florida Engineering Society & the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium. $5,000 in cash and prizes awarded to winners in elementary, middle and high school categories! Special prize for the school with the most participants. Science Center educators will be on-site with exciting live science demos, activities and more to entertain family members and general guests.
2020 Competition Categories:
- The perfect egg container to protect it from a 3-story drop (Drop It)
- A thrilling roller coaster (Thrill It)
- Design a tin foil boat that will hold the greatest number of pennies
without sinking (Float It)
- The ultimate water bottle rocket (Launch It)
- The cleanest water filtration system (Clean It)
- Design and build a wind turbine that generates the most power when placed in a wind stream. (Power It)
- Please note - only students in grades 6-12th are eligible to participate in Power It
Register as an individual or team at the bottom of this page. Registration will automatically shut down when we hit 400 students, or on April 15th, whichever comes first.
PLEASE CARPOOL if you can as parking is limited.
Questions? Email Education@sfsciencecenter.org or call (561) 370-7707.
You may be photographed for Science Center media purposes throughout the competition. By registering to compete, you are giving photo consent. If you do not wish to be photographed, notify the staff members at the registration tent when you arrive.
The 2019 winner list can be found here.
Photos from last year's event can be found here.
See if you can spot your 2018 project in this awesome video from the Palm Beach County School District's Education Network HERE.
Our volunteers play a crucial role in helping out on event day. If you are interested click here to apply.
View highlights from previous competitions:
**Before you register** Please note that once your order goes through, your name is automatically added to our registration list and you do not need to do anything else. You should receive a confirmation email with your order number. Check-in at the registration tent when you arrive.