Keep your creative curiosity and critical thinking going by taking part in our Virtual Science Fair series! While kids take the lead as the project team captains, families are encouraged to work together, be safe and have fun. This series is intended for grades K-8th.
When: The series will consist of 5 two-week sessions throughout the months of April, May and June. Choose one or choose all!
- April 6th - 17th = Brick Design Challenge: “Future City” - Congratulations to our winners! 1st place | K- 5th – Stephen Richards, 1st place | 6th- 8th – Ryan Heath, 2nd place | K- 5th – Brandon Shameer, 2nd place | 6th- 8th – Clara Hunt.
- April 20th – May 1st = Backyard Science Lab - Congratulations to our winners! 1st place | K- 5th – Andrew Mayorga of Poinciana STEM Elementary,1st place | 6th- 8th – Dawson Raynes of Gray Stone Day School in North Carolina, 2nd place | K- 5th – Macie Dube of Freedom Shores Elementary, 2nd place | 6th- 8th – Emory Henz of Southeastern Middle School in Pennsylvania
- May 4th – May 15th = Slingshot Paper Airplane Launch - Congratulations to our winners! 1st place | K- 5th – Kobe Desouza of Rise Academy Broward County,1st place | 6th- 8th – Ariana Lopez of Somerset Canyons Middle Palm Beach County, 2nd place | K- 5th – Liliana Reppeto of Pinewood Elementary Martin County, 2nd place | 6th- 8th – Leah Barberena of Rise Academy Broward County
- May 18th – May 29th = Rube Goldberg Machine - Congratulations to our winners! 1st place | K- 5th – Maia Sonntag Camejo of the Benjamin School, 1st place | 6th- 8th – Ryan Heath of Don Estridge High Tech Middle School, 2nd place | K- 5th – Luca and Mia Braccu of S.D. Elementary, 2nd place | 6th- 8th – Gianmarco Munoz of Somerset Canyons Academy
- June 1st - June 12th (BONUS SESSION) = Thrill It Roller Coaster STEM Challenge. Congratulations to our winners! 1st place | K- 5th – Luca and Mia Braccu of S.D. Elementary, 2nd place | 6th- 8th – Zachariah Reitler, Homeschooled in Hays County, Texas.
Rules and Guidelines: CLICK HERE.
Cost to participate: This event is free! There is a suggested donation of $5 per entry if you're able to do so.
Judging: There will be two grade categories per series: K-5th and 6th-8th. Our panel of educators and CEO will be judging the projects and choosing the winners.
Prizes: There will be 4 prizes given away per series - 1st place K-5th, 2nd place K-5th, 1st place 6th-8th, and 2nd place 6-8th (click here to view - all prizes based off availability and are subject to change). ALL participants will get a digital participation certificate and be entered into a drawing for an admission pack to the Science Center.
Submitting your project: DO NOT REGISTER BELOW UNTIL YOUR PROJECT IS READY TO BE SUBMITTED. You must submit a short, 30-second video of your project with your submission. Although this event is free, please add your submission to the cart below and continue with the registration process.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (561) 370-7707. To apply your pre-existing Engineer It registration fee as a donation to this fair, you may also contact Zary.
Stay happy, healthy and sharp, participants! Thank you for your support so we can continue our mission to Open Every Mind to Science.